Wednesday, June 11, 2014


Actually, I wasn't in the mood to write anything now but while tumpang my colleague’s car to The Curve just now, I saw photos of the mmm-chan-yok came across my mind. Damn juicy looking. It reminded me of my child hood time got best friend de mother cook " char-siew-chap-mmm-chan yok " (honey roasted char siew luncheon meat). 

FYI, that mmm-chan-yok is actually bought from HK de. I can't remember the name but it is popular amongst the other brands. Or else I already go www.alibaba.com online purchase jor.

You can actually see the shiny coating of the luncheon meat cook till perfection with a hint of overburn at both ends of the meat. And guess what ? The luncheon meat is marbalized with eggs & char-siew-chap. Now, that is what I call char-siew-chap-mmm-chan yok. Mmm-chan-yok cannot be fat meat all the way.  So during the chewing process, the combination of the meat, the eggs, the honey-char-siew-chap and the intensity of the wok heat (fire) will bring the best flavour out. 

As for mmm-chan-yok, I find the price already increasing from my primary school time de RM0.30 per pc till now RM 2.00 per pc or maybe more, very expensive. But when the time i take the first bite, and usually I will think," Ah, never mind la the price, I need to pamper myself." Like some of my hometown mixed rice stall, the skin of mmm-chan-yok is sooooo crispy. You can actually hear the crackling sound when you bite on it. The flavor is just right, not to bland and meaty in taste, not too salty. Juuuuuuust right !!

Damn !!! I can't shake the thought of the mmm-chan-yok now. I can even visualise it now...the shiny coating of the meat calling me......."lai ... lai .... lai …"